Conference 2021 will be held using a hybrid format for the first time due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This means there is a face-to-face component and an online component. Based on the social distancing criteria and other COVID-19 protocols, the physical venue at the jamaica pegasus hotel can accommodate 200 persons comfortably.
However, Jamaica Stock Exchange, as host, has decided to accommodate seventy (70) persons in total at the Hotel’s Conference site. We are looking to host another 700 participants online. We are anticipating that the Prime Minister of Jamaica, the Most Honourable Andrew Holness, will be presenting his message before the face-to-face audience. We are expecting other premiers from within the Region to join the Conference discussions during the Prime Ministerial Roundtable.
The extended reach of Conference 2021 will enhance engagements and provide further diversity of views and solutions.
Conference 2021 is set to be more exciting and entertaining than ever as there will be more persons in attendance than normal, and speakers and participants will be able to have more interaction as we are looking to target participants from across the globe.
We expect to have people join the Conference from Asia, Africa, Europe and North and South America. This shows that Conference 2021 reach will be greater and this will enhance the popularity of JSE’s Conference, making it among the best conferences in the world.
The Conference examines areas of growth, challenges and advancements that are currently shaping societies and the world economies and critique how economies and businesses can best manage such rapid changes and capitalize on opportunities for progress through provocative discussions, formal and informal.
The JSE’s Annual Conference brings together world class leaders and industry experts who willingly share their success secrets and demystify complex topics into common language that business people and professionals from every sector can understand and be equipped for the year ahead, to navigate successfully and thrive through the sweeping global trends and disruptions that are affecting every country and region.
- To bring together key participants of the financial services industry to discuss and present ideas on issues pertinent to the development of the sector.
- To facilitate a forum for the development of strategies necessary for the future growth of the sector in the region.
- To assist in the creation of partnerships and improve understanding between financial institutions to allow for the generation of investment opportunities.
- To provide a showcase for industry trends, products and services.
- To create an awareness of the importance of the capital market to the economic development and prosperity of the society and region.
In recent years, the Conference has given special attention to attract Small Medium Enterprises (SMEs) through its Entrepreneurial Pitch Room, which has been very successful in building startups and strengthening fledging, yet great business ventures.
Successes Over the Years
The JSE over the years have put in focus discussion topics that have today seen changes in government policies and focus, in an effort to spur national development and create business opportunities; here are a few:
- Exposure of Ponzi schemes in Jamaica
- Rebuilding and doing business in Haiti
- Sports as a business – Diamond League & World Cup Football
- Junior Stock Market
- Doing Business in China
- Cloud Technology • Alternate energy – business lifeline • Logistic Hub
- Doing business in Africa
The Conference may not always provide everyone with an immediate return on investment but does provide a productive platform, which builds confidence, spurs wealth creation and enable businesses and their sectors to thrive in an ever-evolving complex world economy.
Past Conference Locations
- 1st Conference 2006 – Half Moon Hotel, Montego Bay
- 2nd Conference 2007 – Ritz Carlton Hotel, Montego Bay
- 3rd Conference 2008 – Rose Hall Hotel, Montego Bay
- 4th Conference 2009 – Rose Hall Hotel, Montego Bay
- 5th Conference 2010 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 6th Conference 2011 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 7th Conference 2012 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 8th Conference 2013 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 9th Conference 2014 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 10th Conference 2015 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 11th Conference 2016 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 12th Conference 2017 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 13th Conference 2018 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 14th Conference 2019 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston
- 15th Conference 2020 – The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston