Conference 2023 was held from Thursday, 26th January to Thursday, 27th January 2023, in person at The Jamaica Pegasus Hotel, Kingston, Jamaica as well as VIRTUALLY, under the theme “Regional Capital Markets Reimagined: Achieving the impossible”.
By its successful staging each year, JSE’s Regional Conference has earned its place as a calendar event to which government officials, leading experts in business, investors, and other stakeholders, locally and worldwide, look forward to attending each year.
Conference 2023 Jamaica was more exciting and entertaining than ever as individuals and companies recovered from Covid and were more comfortable interfacing with each other. The Conference had participation virtual and in person from Asia, Africa, Europe, North and South America and the Caribbean. This shows that this Conference is still as relevant as conceived 18 years ago.
Over the years, the Conference has examined areas of growth, challenges and advancements that are currently shaping societies and the world’s economies and also critique how economies and businesses can best manage rapid changes and capitalize on opportunities for progress through provocative discussions, formal and informal.
The JSE’s Annual Conference brings together world class leaders and industry experts who willingly share their success secrets and demystify complex topics into common language that businesspeople and professionals from every sector can understand and be equipped for the year ahead, to navigate successfully and thrive through the sweeping global trends and disruptions that are affecting every country and region.
- To bring together key participants of the financial services industry to discuss and present ideas on issues pertinent to the development of the sector.
- To facilitate a forum for the development of strategies necessary for the future growth of the sector in the region.
- To assist in the creation of partnerships and improve understanding between financial institutions to allow for the generation of investment opportunities.
- To provide a showcase for industry trends, products and services.
- To create an awareness of the importance of the capital market to the economic development and prosperity of the society and region.
In recent years, the Conference has given special attention to attract Medium Size as well Small Enterprises with a focus on scaling to raise capital by using the JSE’s Junior Market to grow and diversify their businesses.
Successes Over the Years
The JSE, in an effort to spur national development and create business opportunities, has put in “focus discussion” topics over the years that have today seen changes in government policies and focus. Here are a few:
- Exposure of Ponzi schemes in Jamaica
- Rebuilding and doing business in Haiti
- Sports as a business – Diamond League & World Cup Football
- Junior Stock Market
- Doing Business in China
- Cloud Technology
- Alternate energy – business lifeline
- Logistic Hub
- Doing business in Africa
The Conference may not always provide everyone with an immediate return on investment but does provide a productive platform, which builds confidence, spurs wealth creation and enable businesses and their sectors to thrive in an ever-evolving complexed world economy.